We LOVE to travel! My husband and I have had a passion for travel since we got married. We both have an adventurous streak and love to visit new places! However, when you are committed to eating the healthiest food possible to feel and look your best, traveling can be a bit more challenging. Especially when you are:
- Gluten Free
- Mostly Dairy Free
- Refined sugar Free
- Nut Free (I currently have an intolerance to tree nuts)
- Avoid most grains and processed foods
- Refined/Rancid oil Free
- GMO Free
- Eat 80 percent veggies
- Eat for alkalinity
- Avoid CAFO meat
You get the idea….we are intense people.
This past weekend we went to a Tony Robbin’s Conference called Unleash the Power Within in New Jersey. It was an unbelievably life-changing experience and would highly recommend it to anyone!
If you have ever attended any of his conferences, you will know that the focus of the event is on your mental and emotional growth, NOT necessarily on eating three square meals a day. What I mean is, you don’t get a lot of breaks.
This proved to be a bit more of challenge for me with planning our meals than it usually is. Because we eat a mostly plant based, high fat diet, we eat mostly fresh whole foods that have to be refrigerated. Yet, we booked a hotel without a kitchenette, we weren’t even sure if there would be a tiny fridge available and we were going to be there for 4 days!
And as I mentioned earlier, we didn’t get many breaks during the conference that were long enough for us to run out to a healthy restaurant.
So, here was my battle plan to keep us eating as healthy as possible. Although every item we packed or bought in NJ isn’t necessarily what we eat on a daily basis, it was the best we could do under the circumstances.
Also, keep in mind that we did drive to our destination so were able to bring some of our foods with us. I will write another post in the future for healthy eating tips when flying.
I hope some of this information will be helpful for those of you who LOVE to travel yet still want to eat healthy!
Summary of Our Snacks and Meals
First of all I will give you a run down of what we ate:
- 1 Pint of Spring Water with fresh squeezed lemon, Bragg Usda Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, 32 Fluid Ounce(1 Tablespoon) and Wheatgrass (1 teaspoon).
- Supplements ( Krill Oil, Vitamin D, MSM , Probiotics)
- Chia Seed Pudding (Click here for the recipe – we omitted the Chai tea) with superfoods (Navitas Organics Cacao Powder, 16 Ounce, Maca Powder, Bee Pollen, Cacao Nibs, Stevia)
- Sunwarrior – Sol Good Protein Bar, Salted Caramel, 12 Pack
- 100% Grass-Fed Beef Jerky
- Purely Elizabeth Probiotic Gluten-Free Granola, Chocolate Sea Salt ( we only ate small amounts of this as it’s a lot of carbs!)
- Avocado (yes, you can just eat it right out of the peel with a spoon and a little salt and pepper)
- Fresh Lettuce/Salad Greens
- Veggies for salads (Shredded Carrots, Sliced red onion)
- House Italian Dressing
- Applegate, Organic Herb Turkey, salami etc.
- Goat Cheese (Lively Run)
- Siete Lime Flavor Tortilla Chips, Grain Free
I hope you found this post helpful! Be sure to leave any thoughts or question you might have below in the comments section. You can check out Part 2 here! I will have more tips and suggestions!
Thanks for reading!