Addictive??? That may not be the first word that comes to your mind when it comes to a salad, but, let me warn you… this salad is seriously delicious!
Why? In my opinion, the attraction can be summed up in one word: Variety!
Variety of colors, textures, and flavors! You can mix and match with a million different combinations of veggies to get a super exciting salad every day!
This recipe just gives you an example of the endless possibilities you have with creating fun, exciting salads. Add your favorite dressing and a protein and viola! The perfect healthy lunch/dinner!
- Organic Mixed Greens &
- Organic Lettuce (Red/Green Leaf, Romain)
And add toppings:
- Sliced Green Onions – (Avoid the white part)
- Shredded carrot
- Organic Radishes
- Organic Cucumber (Peel and deseed to avoid lectins)
- Avoid all cruciferous veggies( red/yellow onions, broccoli, cauliflower etc) and Nightshades (tomatoes, bell peppers etc)
And Healthy Fats:
- Avocado, chopped ( 3 ounces is the perfect amount )
- Olives (Calamata, Green, Black etc – only buy fresh olives. Do not buy canned olives.)
- Salad Dressing (loaded with Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil)
Please be sure to avoid peppers (red/green bell peppers and hot peppers) as they contain high amounts of lectins. And lectins harm your gut. Not cool.
Lastly, avoid all high FODMAP foods such as garlic, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts etc.
Hope you enjoy!