I know what your’e thinking…LIVER????? GROSS! And you know what? I will have to agree with you. It is VERY different than what we all are used to eating.
What you may not know it that, in other cultures around the world, eating organ meat is a regular part of meals. In western cultures, we tend to only eat the breast meat (in chickens) and muscle (in beef, bison etc) and throw out everything else.
By doing this, we are MISSING OUT on important micronutrients such as essential B vitamins, iron and amino acids.
Women are more prone to being deficient in these micronutrients, especially iron. If you are a mother, chances are your baby used up many of your nutrient store in our body when it your womb as your body will rob you of what it needs to make a healthy baby. It will even steal nutrients from your bones if needed. So, mothers NEED to focus on regularly ingesting nutrient dense foods to REPLENISH!!!!
Liver is also a great source of Vitamin A, which is often deficient in people who struggle with problematic skin (for me, this was acne).
That’s honestly why I eat liver. Though I will admit, I have a very difficult time with the taste. I’m being genuine with you.
I came up with an easy solution! Use delicious bone broth as a chaser! This is how you do it:
- Put your 3 oz portion of Beef liver patte on a plate.
- Grab an 8 oz. cup of warm, delicious bone broth and set it next to your plate.
- With a fork, take a small bite of liver and then swoosh it down with that DELICIOUS bone broth!
- Viola! You now successfully ate one of the most valuable superfoods on the planet!
- Continue with this process until all the liver is gone!
- I do this twice a week as part of my lunch.
And that’s my easy solution to not being accustomed to the taste of liver. I can’t even tell you the incredible results I’ve seen in my skin from eating liver twice a week. It’s like a magic pill to clear your skin.
So, give this recipe a try and let me know how much better YOU feel from incorporating nutrient dense organ meat into your diet.