What YOU can do about it
The exciting news is, there’s SO MUCH you can do to turn this downward spiral up and in a different direction! YOU can take charge of your health and future. Thanks to the incredible research in epigenetics, you can modify what genes are expressed by diet and lifestyle factors.
The first step an individual can take to heal a leaky gut is to eliminate the foods that feed the Candida. It would be wise to eliminate these foods for a fair amount of time. The duration is subjective depending on the severity of the Cadidiasis. However, a good place to start is 12 weeks. Check out my following example of a protocol below:
12 WEEK EXAMPLE PROTOCOL
The foods to eliminate are:
- Foods High in Mycotoxins & Aflatoxins: Such as peanut butter, almonds, pistachios, brazil nuts, figs, Balsamic Vinegar, rice, and non-organic spices.
- Nuts: These can be added later and after learning how to properly prepare them through soaking and dehydrating to remove molds.
- Gluten: I think it’s best to eliminate gluten grains all together.
- Soy, Corn, Peanuts: Unless organic, these are best avoided because they are usually GMO. They also can have aflatoxin (mold) which sin’t good for you. In general avoid them.
- Dairy: Go dairy free for a few weeks. Then try some grass-fed cultured dairy such as goat kefir. Stay away from conventional, pasteurized dairy.
- Processed foods/Fast Food/High Fructose Corn Syrup, Etc.
- Hydrogenated Oils: These oils are rancid and oxidized meaning they are toxic. Most Plant/vegetable oils fall into this category such as: canola, soy, grapeseed, rapeseed, flax oil etc.
- Excessive amounts of sugar: Going over 25g of sugar a day is too much. This may be hard but it must be done.
- No Fruit: Avoid fruit for at least 12 weeks as fructose can cause digestive issues for a weak, unhealthy gut. After the 12 week period, you can gradually add back in low sugar fruits and see how your body handles the fructose.
- No Sugar and Carbohydrates: This includes white rice, processed foods, white potatoes, etc. These raise your insulin levels in your body. Limit even complex carbs and healthy sugar. Things like quinoa, fruit, sweet potatoes and other starches should be avoided in the beginning of this protocol.
The foods TO eat:
- Gut Healing Foods: Bone Broth, Collagen/Gelatin, Coconut oil, Slippery Elm Tea
- Gut Healing Supplements: Krill oil, L-Glutamine, Licorice root, Collagen/Gelatin
- Fermented Raw Grass-fed Kefir: sheep or goat is easier to digest than cow’s milk
- Organic Protein: Grass-fed beef, wild game, organic free-range chicken, organic free-range eggs, fish, seafood etc.
- Healthy fats: Coconut oil, Avocados, Gee, Animal fats such as Duck fat etc.
- Green Leafy Veggies: Lots and Lots of green veggies!
Also, adhere to this general rule to attain an alkaline body: at least fifty percent of your plate should be GREEN veggies.
Work on managing your stress levels. Make sleep a priority and try to set your sleep/wake schedule to the same times every night to balance and regulate your circadian rhythms. Avoid over-exercising. During this period of healing your gut, focus on calm, centering forms of movement and exercise such as yoga. Yoga will also help with detoxification of your lymph system.
RESTORING BENEFICIAL GUT FLORA:
To restore the beneficial microbes into your gut, you need to introduce fermented foods into your daily diet. This is a critical step as it’s going to begin to reseed your gut with good gut flora. By varying your fermented foods coupled with a high quality probiotic supplement, you seed your gut with many new strains of good bacteria, building a stronger microbiota. are so many options from the store available today. Here is a list to go buy immediately and begin ingesting daily.
- Kefir (goat or cow’s milk), preferably organic, grass fed and raw
- Yogurt (sheep, goat or cow), preferably organic and grass fed
- Lacto-fermented Vegetables (not pickled)
- Sauerkraut (must be lacto-fermented)
- A High Quality Probiotic Supplement
- Extreme cold exposure and heat exposure he has increased the richness and health of his mitochondria. So, a great way to kill off the bad mitochondria and grow healthy mitochondria would be ice baths, cold showers or cryo-therapy. Again, this is the leading edge in medicine. This information is an opportunity for you to turn your health around.
- A high fat, ketogenic, diet will also heal your mitochondria. Your Mitochondria function best while burning ketones. On the ketogenic diet you train your body to discontinue burning sugar/glucose and to burn ketones. There have been multiple studies to reveal the ketogenic diet as a powerful Cancer therapy.
- Healing You Gut: As we discussed above, having a healthy gut is another way to heal your mitochondria. You have to heal your gut if your going to expect to have a healthy vibrant life.
- Intermittent Fasting- Fast for 14 or more hours a day. I do this overnight. I eat dinner at 6 pm and then drink my breakfast keto shake around 9:30/10:00 a.m. (1)
The reality is that all of these things interplay with each other. Mitochondria effects gut health, gut health effects mitochondria. By going on the Ketogenic diet you will burn fat for fuel, heal your mitochondria and starve the bad bacteria in your gut.
The power lies within your hands. The opportunity is now to act on the greatest health information we’ve ever had! Take advantage while looking the best you ever have.